I saw 17 live performances this year. Two of them were musicals, two were theatre and the other 13 were concerts. My favorite concert this year was Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes. It absolutely rocked.
No overview of my musical journey of 2016 would be complete without an honorable mention to Lin-Manuel Miranda, who completely changed my life with Hamilton: An American Musical.
David Bowie’s last album, Blackstar, came out this year. I haven’t been able to listen to it yet. I’m really eager to listen to Beyonce’s Lemonade, as I know it caused quite a stir. Unfortunately for Beyonce, I’ve been way too busy fangirling over Kevin Rowland.
My favorite album of the year with absolutely no competition is The Dexy’s newest: Let The Record Show: Dexys Do Irish And Country Soul. It’s incredibly beautiful. I have no words.
My live shows of 2016
K3 – 6th of March – Heineken Music Hall
Electric Light Orchestra – 1st of May – Ziggo Dome
Troye Sivan – 10th of May – Paradiso
Southside Johnny And The Ashbury Jukes – 16th of May – Paradiso
Pentatonix – 1st of June – Heineken Music Hall
Kenny B – 5th of June – Vondelpark Openlucht Theater
Bruce Springsteen – 14th of June – Malieveld
Don Henley – 22th of June – Heineken Music Hall
Edinburgh Fringe 2016 (22nd-25th of August)
- Twelfth Night: Shakespeare In The Garden – 22nd of August – C South
- Carlotta de Galleon – A Fool For Love! – 23d of August – Spotlite
- Simply Bowie – 23d of August – Frankenstein Pub
- RENT! The Musical -23rd of August – Forest Theatre
- Les Miserables – 24th of August – De Spiegeltent
- Bookends: Simon & Garfunkel Through The Years – 24th of August -theSpace @ Symposium Hall
Paul Simon – October 31st -Ziggo Dome
Elton John – November 22nd – Ziggo Dome
Coeur de Pirate – 28th of November – Melkweg