My live shows of 2017
2017 was a good year for me in terms of shows and stuff. Not the best maybe, but it was pretty great. Here’s a quick overview.
- Harry Potter & The Cursed Child Parts I & II – January 21st 2017 – The Palace Theatre, London
This was the theatrical highlight of my year. I know a lot of people hate The Cursed Child and I sort of understand why; I think I wouldn’t like it either if I hadn’t seen it live and obviously expensive live performances in London are not universally accessible and I’m not sure I agree with Rowling’s decision to do it this way, but she did, and I was lucky enough to see it, and I loved it.
- Teenage Fanclub – February 7th 2017
- The Divine Comedy – February 19th 2017 – Paradiso
- Elvis Costello – March 8th 2017 – Carre
Elvis Costello is the best performer of the year, every year.
- Andrew Solomon – March 24th 2017
- Gloria Wekker: White Innocence – March 29th 2017
- Judith Butler – April 2017
- Jens Lekman – Tivoli – April 20th 2017
- Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes -Paradiso – June 24th 2017
Southside Johnny is also always amazing, but for some reason this year was extra-amazing.
- Little Steven – Carre- June 25th 2017
- Belle & Sebastian – Tivoli – September 1st 2017
- Peter Perrett – November 13th 2017 – Paradiso
- Someone – November 17th 2017 – Paradiso Noord
- Gorillaz – November 21st 2017
I also went to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this summer and I saw a bunch of amazing shows. The best one was A Super Happy Story About Feeling Super Sad. Read about it here.