This is the page where I keep track of my various reading challenges
In 2017, I’ll be doing the Goodreads Challenge, once again reading 52 books.
I’m also hosting the Mental Health Reading Challenge.
Books read for the Mental Health Reading Challenge 2017
- Girl, Interrupted – Susanna Kaysen
- Wide Sargasso Sea – Jean Rhys
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
Once again the lovely Femividual is hosting the Feminist Reading Challenge, and once again I am participating. My aim is to read between 10-14 feminist books, which means Poison Ivy-level. I love those female superhero levels, although Jessica Jones is missing 😦
I”m also doing the Feminist Bingo card she made.
The Bluest Eye – Toni Morrison (bingo square: black feminist)
Girl, Interrupted – Susanna Kaysen (bingo square: book about being a girl)
Wide Sargasso Sea – Jean Rhys (bingo square: feminism in another country)
Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte (bingo square: feminist book from before 1930)
Dear Ijeawele, Or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (bingo square: book of essays)
Renascence and Other Poems – Edna St. Vincent Millay (bingo square: book of poetry)
Are Women People? a Book of Rhymes for Suffrage Times – Alice Duer Miller (bingo square: book about politics)
I’m also trying to read more essays and essay collections. I’m taking them from this list. So far I’ve read:
- We Should All Be Feminists – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- I read 11 essays in August 2016 on the topic of Gender for the Summer School I was taking at the Radboud University in Nijmegen.
- I’ve read selected essays from Zadie Smith’s essay collection Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays
- Dear Ijeawele, Or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
And the ongoing Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. That one, fortunately, isn’t limited to 2017. It is a life-long endeavor. Find the full list here. Books from it that I have read will be marked in this post.