I challenged myself to read 52 books in 2016 and (drumroll) I succeeded!
The longest book I read was Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire. The shortest was probably The Lady With The Pet Dog by Anton Chekhov. I read two books of poetry, one by Richard Siken and one by Alan Ginsberg. I read eleven books I would classify as Young Adult and only one play: Brecht’s Dreigroschenoper.
Here’s a top five of my favorite books I read for the first time this year.
5. Doktor Glas by Hjalmar Soderberg
4. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
3. Reasons To Stay Alive by Matt Haig
2. The Yellow Wallpaper & Other Stories by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
1. Americanah by Chimananda Ngozi Adichie
My least favorite book with absolutely no competition was: